Double Rafter Cattle Drive
An Authentic 1880's Cattle Drive
Welcome to Double Rafter Cattle Drive! Here it's the real deal. Compared to us, City Slickers is a pony ride!!!! We promise you the trip of a lifetime.
Out here on the range, we give you reality. We don't schedule phony stampedes, cloudbursts, blizzards, rodeos, wagon wrecks, or brush fires....they happen all on their own! Take a look through out site and give us a holler when you're ready to saddle up!
As some of you are aware we have requested from the Forest Service to abandon our camp at Rock Cabin Park to the site of the Little Horn Cow Camp. Following Forest Service protocol they have to have public comment before making a final decision. We would love to ask you to comment on the proposal. Feel free to say anything you would like. Send them directly to the address shown on the attached link. We would love to hear from you on the outreach we have to the public from our cattle drives concerning the multiple use concept and the concern we have for the resource (grass). But as we said, feel free to comment on anything included in the document or even something that isn't in the document if you feel it is pertinent to what we do. Here is the link:
Top50ranches.com announces Double Rafter Cattle Drives as esteemed Award Winner in their inaugural Ranch Vacation Awards of Excellence, 2015!
We are an authentic, family-owned and working cattle ranch. To get a feel for what the cattle drives are all about, check out our video:
Top Ten Reasons Why Camping with Double Rafter is Better than Staying in a Hotel.
by H.J. Siegel, July 2010
- You do not have to remember to lock your room door.
- There is no need to set the room thermostat.
- You do not have to worry that the water boiler will break down.
- People cannot bother you with work by email or cell phone.
- There is free 24/7 emergency medical care just minutes away, and no insurance card needed.
- There is no extra charge for unlimited beer.
- You never have to flush.
- You have no need to request "wake-up calls; they are provided automatically.
- You have a daily chance to win the use of special white saddlebags.
- You never have to wonder what you will have for lunch.